Meat Cutter, Full-Time
Salary: $16.50 per hour to start. Moving to $17.00 per hour after 3-month probationary period.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Minimum 40 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Language: English, Basic Japanese (ability to read) would be an asset
Minimum Education: High School, Food Safe Level 1 Preferred
Positions Available: 2
1-11220 Voyageur Way
Richmond BC V6X 3E1
Hours: 7:30am – 4:00pm, Thursday to Monday, 5 days a week including weekends
- Proper inventory control and product rotation to maximize product freshness and availability, while minimizing waste.
- Cut, trim and debone proteins to prepare for processing, while attaining yield standards placed by management to control costs.
- Meet customer demands and stock orders – recognition and trimming of items without excess trim loss.
- Have an ability to determine the quality of various proteins based on physical attributes, shape, and smell.
- Weigh proteins and record weights on order forms.
- Pack wholesale and local customer orders.
- Ensure products meets specifications.
- Clean, wash and sanitize adjacent areas and equipment; at shift shut down.
- Use and care of knives, grinder, bandsaw, meat slicing and wrapping equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meat and/or Seafood processing experience preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to work in a refrigerated, fast paced, high pressure, challenging environment
- Long term standing required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must be a team player and possess a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks with attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrate analytical, problem solving and time management skills.
- Meat Cutting: 2 years (Preferred). We will train the right individual with no experience if they meet above qualifications and have keen desire to succeed in this role with a growing company.
On the job training is provided
20% discount on all meat products sold in our store.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants email your resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.