Delivery Driver and Assistant Meat Cutter, Full-Time
Salary: $19.00 per hour to start. Moving to $20.00 per hour after 3-month probationary period.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Minimum 40 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Language: English, Basic Japanese (ability to read) would be an asset
Minimum Education: High School, Food Safe Level 1 Preferred
Positions Available: 2
1-11220 Voyageur Way
Richmond BC V6X 3E1
Hours: 7:30am – 4:00pm, Thursday to Monday, 5 days a week including weekends
- Drive around Vancouver, listening to your music and making deliveries to restaurants and retailers, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide customer with a great experience when they interact with you. You are representing our company.
- Be happy working with limited supervision. Take initiative and be willing to assist others, be happy to get the job done in a team environment.
- Proper inventory control and product rotation to maximize product freshness and availability, while minimizing waste.
- Cut, trim and grind proteins to prepare for processing, while attaining yield standards placed by management to control costs.
- Ensure products meets specifications.
- Clean, wash and sanitize adjacent areas and equipment.
- Use and care of knives, grinder, bandsaw, meat slicing and wrapping equipment.
- Weigh proteins and record weights on order forms.
- Pack wholesale and local customer orders.
- Enter weights into accounting software to make invoices for deliveries.
- Load delivery van with orders based on delivery routes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Class 5 Driver’s License and a clean driving record a must.
- Ability to comfortably drive a Ford Transit cargo van around Vancouver, in all types of weather, displaying excellent driving skills.
- Familiarity with surrounding areas is preferred.
- A warm and engaging personality.
- Meat and/or Seafood processing experience preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to work in a refrigerated, fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must be a team player and possess a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks with attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrate analytical, problem solving and time management skills.
- Dependable, punctual, honest individual with integrity.
- Delivery Driver: 2 years (Preferred).
- We will train the right individual with no experience if they meet above qualifications and have keen desire to succeed in this role with a growing company.
On the job training is provided
20% discount on all meat products sold in our store.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants email your resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.